Get weekly updates on plastic surgery delivered straight to your inbox with thePlasticsPaper. This curated, evidence-based newsletter saves you time by bringing you the most important highlights this week.
In this week's edition
- ✍️ Letter from P'Fella
What 422 members said about P'Fella.
- 🤓 Study on Sunday
Describing a vascular anomaly
- 🎭 Upcoming Events
17 webinars, courses and conferences.
- 📸 Image of the Week
- 🐣 Tweets of the Week
P'Fella's 3 favourite tweets
- 📝 Articles of the Week
Cancer sounds, scrub colours, breast reduction
Fun Fact: the average rating for thePlasticsPaper is 9.6/10. What's your take on it? Share your feedback
A Letter from P'Fella
What 422 members have to say about P'Fella.
The responses we've received, including comments such as "One of the best sites I ever found" and "An interesting and interactive way to digest difficult concepts of Plastic Surgery", are a testament to the effort put in to make our platform useful and accessible to all plastic surgery enthusiasts. This feedback has been instrumental in guiding the efforts to continue pushing the boundaries in plastic surgery education.
I am always striving to improve and provide you with the best resources possible to help guide professionals to success in plastic surgery. From information on hand incision to the quick literature search and exam revision, I want this platform to be the go-to resource.
I couldn't have done this without the support of our community. I am grateful for being a part of this community, and I want to thank you for being a part of it. Thank you for supporting us in our mission to provide the best plastic surgery education and resources.
Study on Sunday
& compare your answers with the community.
Courses, Conferences and Webinars in 2023
- Pulvertaft: Why Hand Surgery is a Failure - 16th Jan.
- PRS Journal Club - Breast Implants Jan 15th.
- BAPRAS: Essential Skills for Juniors - 19th Jan.
- Stoke Mandeville: 30 years as a surgeon - 31st Jan
- ASRM Microsurgery Annual Meeting - Florida, 24th Jan.
- ASPS Virtual Spring Meeting - 3rd March.
- Dallas Rhinoplasty Meeting - 9th March
- Pulvertaft Hand Fracture Fixation - Derby, 22nd March.
- Rhinoplasty Society Annual Meeting - Florida, 19th April
- BSSH Spring Meeting - Swansea, 19th April.
- BAPRAS: Advances in Hand Surgery - 27th April.
- AAPS 10th Annual Meeting - Chicago, 29th April.
- Kings College - Facial Aesthetic Dissection- 4th May.
- ICOPLAST 2nd World Congress, Dubai - 5th May
- FESSH Annual Meeting - Rimini, 10th May
- ASSH Annual Meeting - Toronto, 5th October
- Plastic Surgery - The Meeting: Texas, 26th Oct
- BAPRAS Congress - 29th Nov
Image of the Week
Tweets of the Week
Don't forget to follow P'Fella!
Articles of the Week
3 must-read articles, 1 deep-dive! 📚
- Steps to a Cosmetic Breast Reduction
Guridi et al. A Step-by-Step Approach to a Successful Cosmetic Breast Reduction. PRS Global Open 7(4) 2019.
- The sound of cancer?
Catalino et al. Tumor sound, auditory cues, and tissue pathology in glioma surgery: a proof-of-concept study. J Neurosurg. 2022 Dec 30:1-9
- Don't wear black scrubs?
Hribar CA et al Association Between Patient Perception of Surgeons and Color of Scrub Attire. JAMA Surg. 2023 Jan 11.
Kanavel Signs - The Original
This 1912 publication by Allen B Kanavel provided a standardised method to diagnose flexor tenosynovitis. This journal club critiques the methods, results and conclusions of this landmark paper